Writing Assignments

SILHOUETTE PHOTOGRAPHY: READ AND WRITE

Out of the reading of the article what I got out of the article was that silhouetting photographs is a technique to add glamour to your photos and stands out when people see a silhouette image. When there is a topic in the foreground with a large and relatively simple shape that is powerfully lit from behind, the silhouette works best. Shooting up at the subject, even if it means dropping down on one knee, can help change the perspective of a shot. When it comes to exposing for a silhouette, the most important rule is to always expose for the background, not the subject. Camera manuals override should be used in the setting set on manual mode. The best way to avoid lighting situations is when shooting normal exposures, for silhouette it’s more ideal though. In my opinion I thought the article was interesting there were many things that I did not know about silhouettes or ideas to think about that brings up or helps images really stand out and show different expressions in different ways in photography.

CULTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY: READ AND RESPOND

This article is about how we would describe our photography and the understanding what cultural photography means to us. Most of us will spend half of our lives attempting to define who we are and the other half attempting to find out who we are when we are not doing the thing that defines us. Since the beginning of time, cultures have struggled with complicated human problems. Most people who ask you a question about taking photos for them aren’t trying to create an impossible situation, they would just like to know how you live with a camera. Do you photograph elephants, icebergs, and weddings? They’d like to know what you do just for conversation. It appears harmless enough, but it might cause some mental difficulty.

RAW vs. JPEG Capture

A raw file is a file that contains all of the data that your camera’s sensor recorded during exposure. The camera does not apply any compression or processing to the file. When the camera format is set to raw, no processing is done, so the file contains more tone and color information. There is more processing freedom than a JPEG since the file contains more data. White balance is adjusted by the camera in a JPEG, and there are less possibilities to change it in post-production.

When editing a raw file, you have complete control over the white balance. In a JPEG, lost detail in overexposed highlights cannot be restored. If the highlights in a raw file first appear to be completely white, it may be feasible to alter those tones and expose detail. RAW files simply have more sensor data to deal with when processing your images. The ability to keep color information is one of the most essential reasons to shoot RAW. See the video that comes with this article for demonstrations of this advantage, as well as highlight/shadow/color recovery.

Read and Write: 10 Composition Tips

1. Include a focal point
  2. Follow the rule of thirds
  3. Balance the image diagonally
  4. Shoot from a lower angle
  5. Include foreground interest
  6. Use leading lines
  7. Fill the frame
  8. Leave space for movement
  9. Frame your subject
  10. Break the rules

$10,000 Photography Shopping Spree

Camera

• Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm f/4-7.1 Lens
    • Price: $2,799
  • Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens
    • Price: $1,149

Lens

• Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
    • Price: $149.99
  • Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens
    • Price: $1,099

Bag

• Ruggard Thunderhead 75 DSLR and Laptop Backpack (Black)
    • Price: $159.94

Filter

• Luminesque 82mm Circular Polarizer and UV Slim PRO Filter Kit
    • Price: $69.95
  • Tiffen 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter
    • Price: $173.99

Tripod

• Manfrotto MK290XTA3-3WUS 290 Xtra Aluminum Tripod with 804 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head
    • Price: $ 84

Laptop

• Apple 16.2″ MacBook Pro with M1 Max Chip (Late 2021, Silver)
    • Price: $3,499

Indeed Job Search:

1. New born photographer
  2. Disneyland area photographer

I think I would qualify for these jobs because as a baby new born photographer I enjoy babies and taking care of them and i know to be gentle with them. I would also qualify for this job because they need someone who is on time and can handle time management and has great organizational skills and i am very organized and another qualification that this job requires is someone who would be willing able to work on holidays and for me I would not mind working holidays.

FILL FLASH OUTSIDE

Fill flash isn’t used to hide other light sources that might be affecting your subject. Its goal is to minimize shadows caused by brighter light. When learning to use fill flash, TTL is the most basic option to apply. When you use this setting, the camera and flash connect, allowing you to adjust the amount of light released by the flash when you take a photo. These predictions are based on the amount of ambient light and your exposure settings. Outdoor photography’s purpose is to minimize shadows created by stronger light. TTL is the most simple option to use when learning how to use fill flash. When you use this setting, the camera and flash connect, allowing you to control the amount of light the flash creates when you take a picture. Your flash will offer enough light to fill in marks left by ambient light if your exposure is set properly for the situation.

PHOTOJOURNALISM REFLECTION

For decades, photojournalist Ron Haviv who once led protesters inside the seat of his own country’s legislative branch through a shattered window while covering a coup attempt in Panama. Haviv followed the group of protesters who entered the building but not only was there one group of rioters but there were multiple groups inside the building. I think the way the photographer captured these moments was when he was with the rioters inside the building, I think because of how much was going on when he was inside and how frantic it was with many other rioters. When Haviv took photos of the police officers, I think in my opinion he knew what he was risking himself into taking photographs and that the police officers knew he wasn’t rioting just taking photos so it was easy to take those pictures of the officers because they probably knew he wasn’t a threat to them and was just a photographer photographing a serious and frantic situation. After the police cleared the capitol grounds, they surrounded the capitol and then they had a curfew. My favorite image that Haviv took was the last image of the officers up close standing protecting the capitol when that photo was shot it was dark and you couldn’t see their faces as much, but it looked interesting to me and the tall building in the back of the officers made it stands out very well.

Skip to toolbar